555 Timer PRO EX is the best 555 timer reference available.
With almost a half million downloads so far, users have found our timer software to be superior to any other printed or digital resources.
555 Timer PRO EX includes all the features of 555 Timer PRO plus wizards for active filter design, photodiode amplifiers, op amp amplifiers and transistor amplifiers.
As with 555 Timer PRO, 555 Timer PRO EX provides an array of design wizards, circuit blocks and information panels that facilitate the use of the 555 timer in projects. Component value calculations for the 555 take into account the supply voltage, timer fabrication (CMOS or Bipolar), and, where appropriate, load currents.
- 555 timer synopsis - includes pin functions, fabrication differences, component selection
- 22 timer design wizards - 14 for the astable mode, 8 for the monostable mode
- input circuitry - for gating an astable or triggering a monostable. Input categories are switch, touch plate, continuity, liquid level, AC detect, light, sound, and temperature.
- counter wizards - facilitate divide by/count to strategies using common binary and decade counters
- output circuitry - that can be activated by the 555 timer. Includes switching loads, driving motors, driving LEDs, lamps, numeric and bar graph displays, and audio, ultrasound and RF outputs
- active filter wizards - create order 2, 4 or 6 active low pass, high pass, band pass or band stop filters using the Butterworth, Chebyshev or Elliptic approximations, and the reliable Multiple-Feedback (MFB) implementation
- transistor design wizards - design a very stable emitter-bypassed NPN transistor amplifier with gain from 40 to 400
- operational amplifier design wizards - design inverting and non-inverting amplifiers with DC or AC coupling and single or dual supplies.
- general - voltage reference design, "best pair" resistor substitution, logic families reference, IC pin outs for all ICs used in 555 Timer PRO EX
- PDF file output - create complete projects by writing all project circuit blocks to one convenient PDF file
Click on any image to enlarge...
Main screen of 555 timer project design software
Timer design wizard - 16 astable and 8 monostable configurations
Counter/Division wizard - create long interval timers or divide down higher frequency pulse trains
Photodiode wizard - amplify light signals in either photoconductive or photovoltaic modes
Active filter wizard - add a low pass, high pass, band pass or band stop filter to your project (up to order 6)
Transistor AC amplifier wizard - create stable amplifiers with gains from 1 to 400
Best resistor pair wizard - enter any value and find a series and parallel combination
Op amp amplifier - add single or dual supply amplifiers to your project
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX (extended) are combined in the same demo download. Simply toggle between modes to view the features of each. Most resistor values are masked in the demo; some circuits are electronically blurred; some menu items are disabled.
Comparison of 555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX:
|555 timer project design software||PRO||PRO EX|
|Timer design wizards|
|Astable mode, duty cycle > 50%||4||4|
|Astable mode, 0%-duty cycle-100%||9||9|
|Astable mode, square wave||3||3|
|Monostable mode (one-shot)||8||8|
|Adjusted for supply voltage, fabrication, load currents|
|Input circuit library||47||47|
|567 tone decoder wizard|
|Photodiode amplifier wizard|
|Digital counter/divider wizards|
|Output circuit library||41||41|
|Triac snubber wizard|
|LM386 audio amplifier wizard|
|Voltage reference wizards|
|Best-pair resistor wizard|
|Logic family overview|
|Active filter design wizard, LP, HP, BP, BS to order 6|
|Operational amplifier design wizards|
|Transistor amplifier design wizard|
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX v3.1 download [May 13, 2014]
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX (formerly 555 Etcetera) are combined in one application. Purchase of a licence and registration of the product enables the full 555 Timer PRO or PRO EX mode.
A single-user license authorizes the licensee (only) to operate the software on two computers, such as a work computer and a home computer.
This application or its setup file, or any portion thereof, may not be redistributed by any means whatsoever, except with the expressed permission of Schematica Software.
Most resistor values are masked in the demo; some circuits are electronically blurred; some menu items are disabled.
Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2K
EXE setup file:
Archived setup file:
Upgrading from version 1? The upgrade is free. Please install Version 2 to a new folder. Note that 555 Timer PRO EX was formerly named 555 Etcetera.
Please report any downloading problems to email@example.com.